Articles & Testimonials
World Community Ritual Events
- Canada (Nova Scotia)
- Canada (Ontario)
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- USA (California)
- USA (Colorado)
- USA (Connecticut)
- USA (Hawaii)
- USA (Louisiana-New Orleans)
- USA (Massachusetts)
- USA (New Mexico)
- USA (North Carolina)
- USA (Ohio)
- USA (Oregon)
- USA (Texas)
- USA (Wisconsen)
- All Facilitators - Alphabetical Listing
Rites Of Passage
Written by Wilbert Alix
Rites Of Passage:
any ritual or ceremony wherein a participant crosses a threshold demarcating a transformation of their state of being.
Humanity is in a constant search to discover a truth that can explain the nature of our existence. How did we get here? Why am I having these experiences? Where are we going? What is it all for? We evaluate our life today in much the same way as humanity evaluated the planet prior to the voyages of Christopher Columbus: as a flat line that abruptly comes to an end. We now know that the planet is a circle where beginning and ending points meet, yet we continue to struggle with the same confusion regarding the evolution of our life.
We live in a contemporary culture. Our technological advancements have given us a quality of life unimaginable just 100 years ago, but simultaneously we have separated ourselves from the same enriching life that our technology was originally meant to enhance. Today we live in more comfort, yet we suffer through personal experiences that disempower our lives. We continue to be confused about sexuality, relationships, parenting, and growing old. We struggle to gain clarity about a purpose for our living. Values such as honesty and integrity are compromised for security. We wage battles with others and ourselves in a desperate attempt to cover up these uncertainties about life.
Prominent scholars such as Joseph Campbell and Marija Gimbutas have suggested that we reexamine an earlier model for living that was based on feminine values. Throughout this time period we embraced a more mystical and magical view of life. It was a time when we found more balance in our daily living. This model was based on the 'Circle' and follows universal principles observed within nature. It describes the 'evolution of our consciousness' as well as provides a model for the healthy maturation of individuals within a culture. Note here that embracing the feminine-value model is not a condemnation of masculine values; rather it is recognition of how out of balance our society has become. To reintroduce the feminine perspective creates the possibility for harmony and the elimination of problems we have struggled with for generations.
The three great religions of the west (Judism, Islam and Chrisianity) speak of a religious model based on the principles of a straight line. This model says that we are born, have one life to live and at it's end will face an ultimate moment where spiritual life fragments. At death we either win or lose. From an energetic point of view this philosophical model loses all momentum...and creating momentum is at the core of the philosophical principles of the circle.
Spiritual & Physical Evolution
The Gift Of Immortality And Magic
A Preparation For Life
3. SEXUAL INITIATION
The Touch Of Passion
4. SEPARATION FROM THE FEMININE
The First Threshold
5. ALLIANCE WITH THE MASCULINE
The Father Quest
6. THE REALIZATION OF BETRAYAL
The Myth Of Success
A Spiritual Birth Into Our Power
8. RECONNECTION WITH THE FEMININE
Rediscovering The Lost Pieces Of Self
9. INITIATION INTO THE TRUTH
Exposing The Mythology of Self Deception
Forgiving The Sins Of Sun And Moon
11. SPIRITUAL ELDERHOOD
Master And Mistress Of Two Worlds
12. BEYOND REALITY
Death – The Final Passage
|Rites of Passage Cycle
|• Puberty||Jupiter return (age 12)|
|• Sexual Initiation||2nd Saturn square (age 21)|
|• Separation with the Feminine||2nd Jupiter return (age 24)|
|• Alliance with the Masculine||Saturn return (age 27-34)|
|• Realization of Betrayal||3rd Jupiter return (age 35-38)|
|• Mid-Birth||Uranus opposition (age 39-44)|
|• Reconnection with the Feminine||Jupiter return (age 44-48)|
|• Initiation into the Truth||Saturn square Saturn (age 51-52)|
|• Atonement||2nd Saturn return (age 58-60)|
|• Spiritual Elderhood||Uranus return (age 74)|
- Saturn: Ally of personal responsibility and structure. Saturn cycles provide a "reality check". Accountability to your soul, your core self. Are you self-accountable? Do you have structural integrity?
- Jupiter: Gatekeeper of expansion and personal belief systems.
- Uranus: Ally of liberation and authenticity. Anything hidden comes "out of the closet". Wake up call. Uranus cycles are "challenges to metamorphosis".
- Chiron: Ambassador to the galaxy. Provides a door to another reality. The teacher.
- Neptune: Remembering your visions and dreams. Go to levels not cognitive. Re-visioning your life, letting go of illusions.Pluto: Transformation and deep soul essence. Very difficult AND very empowering cycles. Very feminine energy. Reveals the shadow side, uncovering the hidden treasure.
• Initiation into and establishment of core belief system; beginning to think for yourself.
Sexual Initiation (approx age 21)
Saturn Square & Uranus Square
• Leaving home or "leaving the mother", making choices, becoming independent and/or rebellious.
Separation with the Feminine (approx age 24)
• Feeling like you can "master the world". Time of initiation.
Alliance with the Masculine (approx age 27-34)
Nodal Return & Saturn Return
• Completion of the structural development of the self. Desire to accomplish in the world, to make "your" mark.
Realization of Betrayal (approx age 35-38)
• Consolidating core belief systems, beginning to question the underpinnings of family and cultural belief systems. Quest for deeper core belief systems.
Saturn square Saturn
• Ego de-structuring (preparation for Mid-Birth).
Mid-Birth (approx age 39-44)
• Opening to the Self, ego liberation and questing for the Authentic Self. What is hidden comes out.
• Challenge to face bullshit inside and out. Intense detox from false self, death of the false self.
• Ego dissolution. Looking at levels not linear, the Mystery. Ego needs to surrender the illusion of control. Come to terms with dreams... what can you really believe in? Time is disillusionment.
Re-connection with the Feminine (approx age 44-48)
• Brings illumination, ego redefinition. Invitation to balance.
• Deepening of core belief systems you have explored the past 12 years. Deep sense of your own truth. Maturity and refinement.
Initiation into the Truth (approx age 50)
• Ego dismemberment and re-memberment. Shape shifting wounds into healing. Doorway into another reality.
Saturn square Saturn
...after the harvest, what stays in the garden. Restructure, sort-out, compost.
Atonement (approx age 58-60)
• Larger cycle for the whole process. At the karmic level... completing of emotional tasks, setting you up for full eldership.
• The "age of philosophy".
Spiritual Elderhood (approx age 74)
• The completed cycle of development in this lifetime. The opportunity for actualization of full spiritual potential, to be more than merely human.
© Wilbert Alix