People & Activities
Pure Bali Retreat on Facebook
Threads Of Life
Pure Bali Retreat
The Pure Bali Retreat is a exploration of Balinese Hindu trance culture & the healing rituals and environments of Bali.
HEALING • CULTURE • RELAXATION
The Pure Bali Retreat schedule also affords lots of free time to relax, rejuvenate and absorb the many aspects of Balinese Hindu culture. There will be ample time to roam around Ubud and the many villages that surround Ubud. Bali is abundant with artists & craftsman so there will be many opportunities to explore, ask questions and encounter the day to day life of Balinese people.
15 DAYS IN BEAUTIFUL BALI
- Balinese music & dance performance.
- Sunrise Purification Ritual.
- Tour of Balinese animistic temple.
- Indonesian language seminar.
- Moving Meditations.
- Nature excursions.
- Kecak Ritual & Trace Chanting Seminars workshop.
- Seminars on Gamelan instruments and music.
- 7 Temples Of The Soul – TranceDance Healing Journeys.
- Soul Hunting – Trance Healing Ritual.
- Integration seminars.
- Midday periods for relaxation.
5 min video about Healing Retreat facility
- Tour of north coast of Bali.
- Boat excursion & snorkeling on Menjangan Island.
- Seminar on Coral Reef Regeneration Project in both Pemuteran and Tejakula, Bali.
- Evenigs for relaxation.
Read about the Pemuteran Reef Regeneration Project.
KECAK FIRE RITUAL
- Indonesian meditation sessions.
- Indonesian body work/massage seminar.
- Group seminar & personal session with Indonesian healer.
- Group Seminar & personal session with a balian (Balinese trance channel).
- Integration seminars.
- Access to Arma Cultural Museum, the art & artifacts of Balinese Hindu Culture.
- Shopping in the many markets in and near Ubud.
- Visit to Threads Of Life, an innovative Indonesian Textile Cooperative.
- Full Moon Kecak Performance – Arma Museum & Cultural Center.
- Final Evening Celebration & Banquet.
- Indonesian Healing Massages.
- Hindu Meditation Sessions.
- Balinese Dance Performances.
- Gamelan Music.
- Private temple ceremonies (by invitation only).
- Visits to numerous artisans (wood carvers, stone workers, jewelers).
- LOTS of local art & crafts.
- A full range of local restaurants.
Faculty & Staff
Wilbert Alix is the faculty & staff director of this retreat. In addition there will be program staff from the USA and Europe, along with local Balinese healers and experts in Balinese culture, dance and art. Names and responsibilities of each additional faculty & staff person will be provided to you when you arrive in Bali.